We are committed to practitioner led inquiry to develop practice, raise achievement through interventions and sharing best practice.
Short Scale Research Projects
- Bursaries of £500 awarded to Teachers to share research and practice to help raise standards
- Length of projects will last until May half term
- Evidence based research will help address areas of need within your school or across schools
- All research projects will be shared across the alliance to share best practice and ideas
- Projects not to exceed 3000 words
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Masters in Education
- £500 is available from the Forest Teaching Alliance to help towards the funding of a year of an MEd course.
- Teachers are then required to share this practice with the alliance to raise standards.
Research & Development Support Sessions
This session is designed to aid the quality of your research project and give simple steps to follow and advice to make it clearer.
- What is teacher research?
- What is the aim of your research?
- What guidelines do you need to follow?
- What is involved in the methodology?
- What is academic research?
- How do I write up a project?
- What is expected of me?
- Examples of good practice?
Research study undertaken:
- Developing the skills of students to effectively answer extended questions on exam papers to access the higher marks.
- To investigate whether or not the provision of an e-reader increases participation in reading in Key Stage 4 boys whose reading ages are two years below their chronological age.
- How Interventions Impact upon Progress made by Pupil Premium Students.
- Developing Learning Behaviour.
- To increase the proportion of outstanding teaching and learning through the use of IRIS Connect.
- Developing effective transitions in the Early Years.
- Can celebrating and rewarding good behaviour and work ethic drive up standards in education?
- Use of tablet computers to improve classroom engagement and progress.
- Reading for pleasure.
- Improving extended writing skills at KS3
- Developing the skills of students to answer extended questions on end of KS2 tests.
- The flipped classroom.
Reflective Practitioner Inquiry
The documents below are a showcase of Reflective Practitioner Inquiries that have been undertaken by staff to combine their professional development. Staff have identified areas where students could be doing better from lesson observations and data and have collaborated with others to plan the best lessons to enhance the strategies and practice used to allow progression.
As part of Best Practice we must strive to be the very best and the Reflective Practitioner Inquiry Programme enhancing our collaborative culture.
I hope you find this a valuable addition to your resources and practice.